Sunday, January 26, 2014

Southern Breakfast on a Cold Winter Morning

Southern style sausage gravy and biscuits makes for the perfect breakfast on those particularly cold mornings. I love giving my children a taste of my family's southern flavors. Here is the way I have learned to make a delicious sausage gravy:
Cook a whole Genoa sausage (mild) in a large frying pan into small crumbles. Many people then add regular flour, but I use a seasoned flour and completely cover the sausage. Then I add whole milk until there is about three times as much milk then sausage, and bring to a boil. I also add a small amount of sugar to taste, because the spice of the sausage is sometimes too prominent for my children. After the milk is boiling, I stir and then let simmer. Once thickened, I pour onto large biscuits and serve. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment